Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Give Thanks For He Is Good


I’m just going to confess here. I don’t wake up every morning bursting with energy and motivation to get out of my warm comfortable bed and go to work. Every time I go in to work, my day consists of sweat, exhaustion, achy muscles, aggravation, chaos, and stress. It's actually amazing that I've been able to handle it every day. Only by God's grace. I even came across a gentleman standing at the cash register asking the cashier about her day. She explained. All he said was, "may God give you grace for your day". I know he was talking to her, but I received that for myself! I will gladly take all the grace I can get to do my job because to be honest, this is the hardest job I've ever had. Yet it's the best job I've ever had. It depends on how you look at it. Sure I have my share of complaints about the job. But when I begin to think about where I was, and what God has done for me....it instantly changes my perspective and attitude. Acknowledging God's goodness in my life in this specific time and place, and being thankful for  it, is a great motivation to me. In fact, thankfulness has been the key to helping me staying focused on my purpose, which is Him. Being thankful not only in my words, but also my actions is pleasing to God. My way of thanking Him for all He has done, is to get my big booty out of the bed and go to work and work so hard until I feel like passing out. Trust me, it isn't easy. But I can't, and I won't, forget what God has done for me. He answered my prayers for a better job. You bet the enemy has wrapped this treasure in all the hard stuff that comes with the job. My husband and I work so much these days. Even though it breaks my heart that we don't have any days off together, I've come to realize this is the season we are in, and God is using this to help us pay off our bills that we may not otherwise be able to do. So for that I am thankful. Sometimes we have to dissect the hard stuff to pull out all the good in our situations.

Kind of like a treasure chest buried in 8 feet of sand with one or two crabs and a few scorpions.You know you'll be digging up that treasure in no time, no matter what is in the way. Whatever season or storm God has you in right now, just know that there is a good reason for it. We have to just trust Him and his ways. We have to lean on His understanding not our own. I've come to realize that I know nothing compared to the knowledge of the infinite God. He sees everything in our past and future. His goodness exists in every area of our lives like a hand print if we just look for it. Choosing to be thankful is a great start to our treasure hunt. Every failure will lead to a victory....every wrong step taken will lead us down a wiser path....every broken heart will lead us to our destiny. Our trials, storms, and seasons are there to make us better and stronger than we  were before. Any dream and desire God puts in our hearts can happen. But if it doesn't, that just means that your heart is far more important to Him than anything. God loves us. Look what He has done for your life from past to present. He wouldn't put us in a position we couldn't handle. Whatever your job may be, or your position, or your season in life...God's goodness exists in it. Look for it. And thank Him for all the good He's doing that we may have not noticed outside of our negative attitude and outlook. Give thanks, for He is so good.

Love,
Amanda B

1 comment:

  1. There are so many awesome things about this post that you can't just comment on one thing. Lord, help us all to show our gratitude to You for all You've done through our actions, not just our words.

    Thanks Amanda. Great post.

    ReplyDelete