Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Stand

The only word I have in my heart at this time is the word "stand."

"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,  through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.  And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance;  and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope;  and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Romans 5: 1-5 (NASB)

Stand on His grace ladies.  Exult in the hope of the glory of God!  Exult in your tribulations...your mundane slogging it out day by day...dealing with unhappy people in a dying world...exult in it!  This is your one and only life.  This day will pass by and will never, ever come again.  Know that every pain, every sorrow, every tear...everything is for a purpose.  And that purpose is to drive us into hope!

We don't have time, nor a reason, to sit and nurse grievances or wounds.  Kay gave a word about this a few years ago...that we have to keep picking up our swords and yes, we may get wounded, but we have to keep moving onward.  We don't have time to get bitter.

Look at the building blocks of this scripture...tribulation brings perseverance, perseverance brings proven character; proven character brings hope.  I can stand today because everything in my life, and I mean everything...has worked out for my good and has strengthened me and driven me to hope.  That means that everything the enemy meant for my destruction...God has actually used to drive me to life.  To Himself!  I don't know about you but that just cracks me up. 

As long as we have Christ...we can't lose.  We are in a win/win situation here.  No matter what the enemy throws at us, it will simply be used by God to bring us closer to Him.

Dear sweet precious ladies...STAND!

Shayne

2 comments:

  1. What a timely word for me. God is continuing to move in our tiny circle of influence here in Watertown, NY. Even so, I have had some "pity party" days regarding what I view to be slow growth. Thank you sweet, Shayne for a wonderful word in due season. Please keep us in your prayers. I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shayne.
    The hope of our faith IS a glorious place to stand!
    beverlyn

    ReplyDelete