Sunday, March 18, 2012

He Loves Us!

It has happened many times in my life where I am in the middle of doing something or getting ready to do something when God has changed my thoughts, direction, or both at the last second. Lots of those times I can look back and see clearly what would or could have happened if I hadn't listened. Other times I have found myself recovering from what happened as a result of me not listening. I no longer get mad if I miss my turn while driving. I just say, “thank-you Lord!” Who knows what was just avoided by me not being on that particular road at that particular time.

 A few days ago while we were in the middle of taking down a tree in our yard one limb at a time, I had the bright idea to tie a rope to the limbs that weren't going to fall where we wanted them to. I would stand back and pull while Steve cut. I had the rope wrapped around both hands, had my heels dug in, and told Steve to start cutting. He fired up the chainsaw and started cutting. Less than 3 seconds before The limb fell I had a vision of me being yanked across the yard and a broken wrist or two. That would be severe to anyone and a nightmare for a beautician! I quickly unwrapped my hands. End result was a limb that fell where it wanted to, minor rope burns on my hands, and sore shoulders. That's just the latest thing, that I am aware of, where God saved me at the last second!
It was just another reminder of how blessed I am and how much God loves me!

All of his children are blessed and loved! We know that, but sometimes we forget that.
He will always be our biggest fan. He will always guide us in the right direction. And He will always be there to comfort and help us pick up the pieces if we make a mess out of our lives.

 He loves us!

Love, Julie Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment