Monday, April 2, 2012

His Presence

I grew up in a Baptist church and lately I keep finding myself singing this old hymn.
I believe the Spirit is keeping it on my mind so I don't forget and neglect my source.
I wanted to share it's words with you this morning in case any of you are like me and
continuously need a reminder of "From whence commeth my help."

Sweet Hour of Prayer
Wm. B Bradbury

Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer! That calls me from a world of care,
and bids me at my Father's throne make all my wants and wishes known;
In seasons of distress and grief, my soul has often found relief,
and oft escaped the tempter's snare by thy return, sweet hour of prayer.

Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer! Thy wings shall my petition bare
to Him whose trust and faithfulness engage the waiting soul to bless;
and since He bids me seek His face, believe His word and trust His grace,
I'll cast on Him my every care, and wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer.

Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer! May I thy consolation share,
till from Mount Pisgah's lofty height, I view my home, and take my flight:
This robe of flesh I'll drop, and rise to seize the everlasting prize;
And shout, while passing through the air, farewell, farewell, sweet hour of prayer.

Hebrews 10:19-23: 

"Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,
by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is His flesh, and
since we have a great high priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a sincere
heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from as evil conscience
and our bodies washed pure and clean. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without
wavering, for He who promised is faithful;"

Love to you all!!
beverlyn           



No comments:

Post a Comment